Iron God: Sakupen Hell Yes RMX Iron God: Sakupen Hell Yes RMX

Dear Christ almighty!

My brain just exploded. Literally, I can see my brains on my desk. It's through the power of this song that I'm still alive.

mr-jazzman responds:

Haha well, since this song was inspired by God, I believe that God kept you alive. Problem is, he isn't gonna help you sew your head back together... ;) Good luck with that one bud, and sorry bout the mess! I'll see about helpin you out soon...maybe gettin you to a hospital for physical therapy or somethin? We'll see...

YouCan'tSpellAwesomeWithoutUs YouCan'tSpellAwesomeWithoutUs

Oh lordy

Song gets 10/10 because it did sound pretty damn awesome. Until I heard the vocals. Seems like the average Newgrounds'er decided to take up singing.

-5 for the singing.

5/10

Shankar Shankar

Sick

Love the beat, but -1 for "Also, vuvuzelas are awesome. :D".

You should burn in hell for saying that. (Joking of course).

Cuzone responds:

I should not! I even bought a vuvuzela to root for Brazil at parties with friends. :D

Wordplay Proving Ground Wordplay Proving Ground

Daaaammnnnnn!!!!!

Usually I don't like rap, but man this was pretty awesome. 5/5 man you're going places!

As of yet unnamed As of yet unnamed

Review

Okay, I didn't really like it but i'll try to explain why to the best of my abilities. Please take no offense, just take it as constructive criticism.

The solo wasn't too bad, but it was very repetitive to me. It sounded like you repeated the blues scale over and over and threw in a major later on.

I did like your finger tapping part, you gained 2 stars alone for that. I thought it was awesome.

Your scale transitions were pretty crude and rude in places and you could have picked better notes to switch too.

You did use that classic rock riff (Hard to describe, sorta like the beelzeboss devil guitar solo riff) a few times which fit in pretty well. Another 2 stars for that.

Your distortion was too heavy for such a soft backing tracking (IMO), i personally would have used something to blend with the heavy chorus in the background. A mild distortion delay or something like that. But yeah, with something a bit milder it's a bit easier on the ears and everything seems to flow smoother.

But yeah other then that, here is some random tips you might or might not find helpful.,

Depending on your gear as well, you may want to switch between your humbuck/single coil (if you have the option). I've found that for softer more gentler leads humbuck is the best option. For really crunchy and heavy, single coil. (I love having both). If you have double humbuck, try sticking to the bridge pickup for crunchyness.

When picking notes, try to not lift your fingers as much. It makes the note transition *harsh* sounding. Instead try to hammer-on, and slide to the max. I've been able to do some cool shit without taking my fingers off a string once, and it just seems like it's a waterfall as it all flows together.

Anyways, i'm done, once again don't take it harsh or anything :P

mistermurfi responds:

I dont take it harsh at all in fact im delighted you took time out of your day to write such a long review :D

i know i aint hot shit on the guitar anyway i only play it as a hobby never do any practise or anything just mess about on it but hopefully thatll change soon

used to have a few guitars but im down to 1 atm due to loaning/selling some and its only humbucker/humbucker no single :p

as for the distorted tone over cleaner rythm well the thing is i just sat down recorded the rythm in one shot and then the solo in one shot out of my head no thought put into tone or composition (not that i could do much better even if i planned it out)

all in all ace review thanks dude ;D check out the other tune i have up you might like it a bit more i think its better myself at least

"Above The Limit" "Above The Limit"

Holy crap

WHY ISN'T THIS NO. 1 YET!

This is amazing dude, i don't think i've heard anything this good on NG for a long, long time.

5/5
10/10

[S_Rock] Confusion [S_Rock] Confusion

Awesome

I really like the beat to it, definitely something that could be good for freestyling. I'd almost be tempted to make lyrics to sing to it, but im busy with my own projects :)

10/10

- Crash3r

S-Rock responds:

Nice man :D I wanted to make something soft but still cool and this one came up :D I appreciate the Review :D

Beat it-Metaljonus Beat it-Metaljonus

Amazing cover

9/10

-1 for being a cover

+9 for general awesomeness.

Keep it up.

Halo Theme Guitar Solo 2 Halo Theme Guitar Solo 2

Awesome

I loved your use of sweep picking and finger tapping. It totally sounded like a halo original. I did hear a few random minors/flats that shouldn't of been in there, but pretty unnoticeable to someone who doesn't play guitar.

9/10

-1 for not being (100% perfect) <-- perfect used lightly, that was damn close.
-1 for being a cover.
+1 for makin a cover that is original as original can get.

That was fuckin brilliant.

Kor-Rune responds:

Lol, if you don't like covers, check my original stuff.

Glad you liked it, thanks anyway.

Reggae Basic Reggae Basic

Hrm.

Pretty good reggae feel, except the bass beat feels a bit strange. It sounds off beat to me, and doesn't flow with the groove of what is reggae, easily fixed though.